Followers

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Saturday

Well it's two days after Thanksgiving and I'm still feeling thankful. I have saved my leftovers and today I have four bowlsful left for the freezer. (There were five; ate one last night.) 

The remaining turkey and gravy will make hot turkey sandwiches for the next couple of days and then will be gone. There is quite a bit still...

I must tell you that the candle is still burning and so far has a total of 51 hours with only one short interruption.
I think a dash of Baileys Irish Cream might be just the thing to sip from this empty pot sometime this evening. I had purchased a large bottle of it to have as a 60th wedding anniversary toast but that ritual was not to be. Now it beckons to me.     - Stop in - I'll share!

Even though there was a light covering of snow on the ground earlier, currently the sun is shining and the breeze is softly blowing here at the lake. However I shall remain indoors, warm and cozy.

My daughter may stop in tomorrow with a ham bone for me to make pea soup. We LOVE pea soup. This time I have a package of Kansas dried yellow split peas to try for the first time. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I've not had that variety of dried peas either. Your leftovers look scrumptious. That's one of the good things about Thanksgiving...leftovers. And that candle is incredible.

    ReplyDelete