Followers

Monday, November 8, 2021

Danger Danger

Watch out! This space now armed and dangerous and all reinforcements are loaded and ready. My messenger of mercy delivered the goods last night. After so many bad experiences through the years with both homes and our motorhomes and our SC beach place, I am NOT going to tolerate any more damage. To tell the truth, I really think the Victor traps are the most humane and are so easy to set and place and dispose of as well.  This time my supply of arms is completely in action and it is a full-out attack.

Hint:   I don't like the ones with the yellow plastic trip pedals at all. The photo above is from the internet showing my favorite weapon.

Th good news is that they didn't get into my dried fruits which are now in storage containers and safely ready to use. How about this recipe? Sounds good to me! Will try it next.
>>>>>>>>>

Cranberry Clafoutis (baked French dessert of fruit)


2 tsp. butter, unsalted

2 cups dried cranberries

1 ½ cups simmering water

1 1/4 cups whole milk

4 eggs, large

1 Tbsp. vanilla extract

⅛ tsp. salt

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup sugar

¼ cup powdered sugar

*optional preferred spirit (such as bourbon, rum or brandy)



Preheat oven to 350°F. Evenly spread the butter to coat about an 8x8 inch glass or ceramic baking dish of a similar size that is at least 2 inches deep.


Add the dried cranberries to the simmering water and remove from heat. Allow them to steep for 5minutes. Strain the berries and set aside.


Add the milk, eggs, vanilla, salt, flour and most of the sugar (retain 2 tbsp of sugar for a future step) to a blender. Blend on high for about 1 minute or until mixed well and airy.


Pour the mixture into the buttered pan. Add the cranberries evenly over the top of the batter until well dispersed. Evenly sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.


Bake for approximately 90 minutes or until the batter has expanded around the fruit, has a golden brown color and when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.


Once it is baked through, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool until just warm. Garnish with powdered sugar. 



For even more flavor, try soaking your dried cranberries in your preferred spirit, such as bourbon, rum or brandy.

4 comments:

  1. Some day I may write about my bad experience with these little critters. It amazes me at the damage those little teeth can do. Your cranberry dessert sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell ya.... We'd put traps out, with goodies in them. And the damn critters would not take.

    I got so upset, last fall/winter that I got my Mouse Man. And he went all over, setting traps and seeking ways they could get in. Came back to check traps. Didn't stop till we were all clear.

    Yes, it cost money. But we never had another infestation.

    And I had him back this fall, to recheck house.

    Just sayin'...

    'Cause I hate, hate, hate all the cleaning up, I had to do, all over!! They even left their "poooos," in my kitchen drawers, where no food is stored!!!

    Ugh... Ugh... Ugh........

    Now I need to take a *tranquilizer*... Just reading about them, and venting. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

    🍂 🍁 🍂 🍁 🍂

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a little mouse in the pottery studio! I started to think he might not like peanut butter but did finally meet his end when he stopped by for a bite!

    ReplyDelete