Followers

Friday, August 19, 2022

Nice Friday

I finally got up enough energy to see what is new in the neighborhood. My volunteer sunflower has bloomed. The one in the back had its top blooms bitten off but is recovering with more lower blossoms opening. This one is in front and seems to be a different variety - only one blossom. I have never had sunflowers in my gardens all these years. Maybe it is there to support Ukraine.

The Mullein still has not opened but the top is stretching up higher.
A lady from our neighboring lake took a short video of a buck swimming in their lake! We wonder if is the same guy. No closeups to compare though!
I rode around over there and saw a large track excavator in action scooping some of the black mucky stuff from an old dried up pond this morning. I wonder if it will be used for gardeners. It must contain a lot of nutrients, I'm guessing. I liked watching the large machine in action scooping and dropping the black gold into a heap.
Two of these things do not belong!
tap on image to view larger

3 comments:

  1. I think I see a bit of yellow showing up on the wooly mullein stalk. The bees here go nuts over those yellow blooms. You got some nice pics of the excavator at work. Machinery fascinates me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know answer but is that your home, with green roof?

    Hooray for the sunflower. Not much luck here, with them, either.

    😊 💛 😊

    ReplyDelete