Followers

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Good With Ice Cream...

...preferably vanilla!

I found a zip-lock bag in the big freezer yesterday that was marked, "Four Honey Crisp—10/4/2020." I had sliced and dehydrated them, bagged and stored in the freezer and forgot all about them. Actually there is another bagful there as well. I brought them in and they sat on the counter teasing me about how I would use them after the work it took to preserve them.

I decided to make a gooey concoction to go with a bowl of vanilla ice cream. This is what I did: 

1. Rehydrated (took 2 hours)

2. Drained excess juice into a container 

3. Added some granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice

4. Prepared crumble topping with brown sugar, flour, butter, salt

5. Lined baking pan with non-stick foil

6. Poured apple mixture into pan, along with some dehydrated black cherries I also found

7. Dumped crumble topping over all and spread around. Poured excess juice over top

8. Baked in oven one hour at 350°

9. Cut into 9 sections - ate one (plain) - stored 8 into one-cup containers and froze 

10. Did major cleanup of kitchen dishes and countertops

Tap to enlarge image
Ooey Gooey! YUM!

2 comments:

  1. A simple easy recipe & ooooh so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooey Gooey is right! I love when I find goodies in the freezer that I had forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete