Followers

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Dusty Rider

The wildflowers in this area are dying from lack of rain. I rode for almost two hours and didn't take but a very few pictures of just one.  People were watering their flowerbeds, but the hills and dales are bone dry and brown. I was disappointed, BUT...when I uploaded my shots became happier. You see, there were just these yellow fellows, but my pictures were satisfactory. Of course I had to research as I didn't know what they were. I only knew what they weren't! Would you have stopped for these? Probably not.

They looked better as I got closer...
Below is an internet picture of the back. I 'fixed' the background so it would show up better.
It is known as a Field Sowthistle. Its history is interesting - to me, at least. The below information is from one of hundreds of pages I found concerning the perennial.
tap on image to view larger

Crepis vesicaria

Native to:

Albania, Algeria, Austria, Baleares, Belgium, Canary Is., Corse, East Aegean Is., France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kriti, Madeira, Morocco, Netherlands, Portugal, Sardegna, Sicilia, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkey-in-Europe, Yugoslavia

Introduced into:

British Columbia, California, Connecticut, Great Britain, Hawaii, Ireland, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Poland, South Australia, Victoria

Well, I learned something today.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a dandelion to me. lol. Never heard of this particular weed before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are out... But, how is that foot? Did they ever tell you, what bit you?

    And I know I commented on this post, before. But I don't see it. .......

    πŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸ’›

    πŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸ’›

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing bit me it was a sore from shoe rub and then got severe bacterial staph infection.

      Delete
  3. I know I commented on this post, before...

    I said something about the flowers looking "thistle-y"...

    Hmmmm... Wonder where it went....?

    πŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸ’›

    ReplyDelete