Followers

Sunday, April 3, 2022

This 'n That

Get ready for a mixed bag here! I'll start with yesterday. I want to show you that I really do use my pottery and do so every day. The dish drainer usually contains my cereal bowl (microwave oatmeal from scratch), my soup bowl (thicker and larger than the cereal bowl), my coffee cup and my wobbly tea cup which is also used for chicken broth.

I had a visit from Al the Potmaker to deliver two more candle cups. This past holiday I gave two away to my helpers and kept two which now hold succulents. These are special. They are called "Winter Woods" and the scent is "Tuscarora Timber." His picture is much better than mine so I'll show it first. Neat conception and art!!
The tax account lady stopped in with my return for signatures. Good news - a federal tax refund this year. Less is more! I broke her arm when making her take gas $ from me for her door to door service. Just kidding, but it was hard to convince her that it was necessary for me to feel OK about her traveling 28 miles each way, four times! It sure made my life easier.

The fun part of today is that when I woke up and looked out, the giant snowflakes were swirling and landing here! I have always said Mother Nature makes the rules - yes, she sure does. The daffodils seem to be bearing up "ok" so far. 
To start my day I put a very thoughtful gift into action. Last year a SC beach friend who had lost her husband in June, 2020 sent me his trusty coffee pot. She remembered that I like percolated coffee and packed it up and mailed it from her home in WV. I never used it until this morning as my(old) four cup (2 large cups) pot below, was working fine but is heavier!
Yes there is a new guy in town. He's is tall and handsome. After some research I actually found one for sale on the internet. Amazing! Over 50 years old is my "NEW" one! (According to the internet photo and description below.)
My coffee was just as tasty and even a bit hotter! 

Please tap on image to view larger

4 comments:

  1. I remember those electric percolator!! I'm not a coffee drinker, but Bud uses a French press.

    Lovin' your pottery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pottery is so special. I love that you use it every day. The new guy really is a handsome one. Yay for that first cup of coffee! (I only have one each morning, and it a very weak decaf one}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your words & pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vet nice! Loved seeing the percolator! Glad the pots are holding up!

    ReplyDelete