Followers

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

The "Saver"

When we moved from the big house into the cabin in 1997 I threw a lot of things away. Some of them I now feel that I should have kept. Today I started purging my greeting card box. The cards in there all came from friends, some very special, and also from family members. I only worked on the "friends" section this morning. So many memories of friends exist in that box! Boy is it a difficult thing to do!  BUT I'm not throwing much into trash, I have already contacted a local young artist who will accept and recycle them. She creates cards as I have done in the past but quite different and beautiful. I gave her my scraps several years ago. I made many and sold them all during the years 2013-2015. I created over 250 handmade cards (not counting Christmas) from my photographs of flowers and birds and other interesting scenes. 

It was a pleasant process this morning for me, knowing that they won't go to waste at all! One of them was sent to me with a sweet note. It was one of my own creations and she bought many! That was a surprise that I had forgotten about. I scanned all to keep memories of my project so will now show you the one that came back to me with her hand-written message inside.

It's time to empty some files, but not easy for me. I'm a compulsive organizer, though my eldest daughter tells me I'm too sentimental. I just am, who I am.

The family section of saved greeting cards will be a bit more difficult for me to sort, but I WILL. I think my inclination is to probably keep all of the thank you cards and notes. They mean a lot and more people should send them IMOP. After this project I really must get into the file cabinet and see what HAS to go. That is going to stress my brain, I'm sure! You might think this should have been a winter project. Well it is a project of "renewal" - SPRING AHEAD!  (Spring cleaning, too.)

2 comments:

  1. What works for you is the best...Spring, summer ...whenever the urge hits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cleaning when there is more light in the spring.

    ReplyDelete