Followers

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Cleaning Galore

Today is the day the dusting is being done on all of the upper beams! My grandson and his "Significant Other" are at it again! They not only dust, they clean the living room top beams that hold my 'treasures' and the tops of the kitchen cupboards with other 'treasures'. She washes and dries items as he travels up and down his extension ladder replacing things to their former positions of display. I used to help but it is now too difficult as I don't move like the former me.  Their cleaning project carries on to other areas and also entails getting behind the very old dressers in each bedroom and taking care of all dust bunnies, cobwebs, etc. that have accumulated during the past year. The bare floors are swept and swiffered!

AND... the picture below is when he said, "Grandma, did you have a bird in here?" There was one pile of (definitely bird) droppings on the beam where he is looking! (No other was found!) Nope! I have no idea when this happened!!
Well that's it for today. I'm so tired out from watching all of this cleaning!
 
Curtains and windows will be done at a later time. One day soon the living room furniture will need to be pulled out and behind and under them examined and GI'd. 

THEN...the front porch will need to be set up again with seating and plants and I will be happy until next winter.

NEW NEW NEW — From me to me for my birthday. A Dark and Rusty Farmhouse Soup Bowl! Yeow! A  real beauty~  had spaghetti and meatballs in it last night for supper. 
Please tap image to view larger

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Ms. G...that is the prettiest bowl yet!!

    Are your grandkids up for hire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome help. I love it. I laughed about how tired you were from watching. Reminds of a saying "Work fascinates me, I could watch it all day". A great glaze on the bowl. Blessings,xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to have such wonderful help. I enjoyed Susie’s quote about work. The bowl IS a real beauty. I love that you had your spaghetti and meatballs in it!

    ReplyDelete