Followers

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Friends

Today there were TWO MEN here helping me with miscellaneous jobs. One patched an old hole in a bathroom bottom log that was formerly used for a drain hose of an old dehumidifier. At least the log wasn't rotten! He then figured out why the bottom drawer of the newer (but still quite old) dehumidifier wasn't cooperating with me when I attempted to put it back in after emptying it into the toilet every day last summer. Let's hope that it will function better for this year and I won't have to invest in a new one yet.

The other man is my "yard guy" a very dutiful and thorough fellow who sprayed for carpenter ants a couple of weeks ago. Today he raked, wheelbarrowed debris away, cleaned gutters, blew leaves out of places they didn't belong, fixed the ramp to the shed and then moved the snowblower into it to rest beside the lawn tractor. Soon he'll take the tractor for a ride just to make sure it still functions, even though he uses his own. THEN...the summer mowing and weed-whacking will begin. The porch chairs still need to be power-washed and the swing will be uncovered as soon as the 'squiggleys' have fallen from the trees. They are actually tree catkins and are a nuisance. In early spring it's the turn of the willows, populars, maple and oaks to open up their catkins.

How lucky am I? I have a long story that a friend sent me from SC about the need for having friends. There sure is! I'm keeping that story as I continue to clean out my files. It hit me really hard. 

1 comment: