Followers

Friday, October 29, 2021

Keeping Busy

Or at least trying to! It is very windy and only 42° at 11:00 AM. I have baked a dozen sugar cookies this morning. Yesterday I baked a loaf of the good frozen bread. White this time. The wheat loaf I baked about 10 days ago is almost gone. The thing with these breads after baking, is that they have to be stored in the refrigerator as they don't contain preservatives and I don't consume them quickly enough at room temperature to keep the mold away! The best part is that I won't run out of bread when I need some. This frozen style bakes really well and is easy peasy! Rhodes is the brand. There are packs of either 3 or 5 frozen loaves in a bag. The cost is about $1.00 per loaf and it is very good! 

The images below are from the internet
I  haven't tried the dinner rolls yet!



8 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I've been thinking about making my own bread again for my husband since he's the bread eater in the house . Decent bread has gotten very expensive and I tried some of the cheaper breads at Aldi's which I put in the freezer and they do not freeze well. When I defrosted a loaf the bottom of the entire loaf was hard as a rock. I just can't see paying almost $3.00 or more for a load of bread when I can easily make one for about $0.50

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their FB site tells many ways to use the dough too!

      Delete
    2. I thaw the loaf in the baking pan overnight in the refrig. and then about one hour more in the room before baking. Never problem with crusts. I don't keep it in the house freezer because of the fluxuation of temp. and keep it in a never thawing freezer.

      Delete
  2. I have had the dinner rolls. Very good.

    Can you slice the loaf and freeze individual slices for when needed? I do that. Thaw a slice or two when needed...no mold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an idea! I use about a loaf every 10 days and slice as I go.

      Delete
  3. My husband had a bread maker for years. It finally died and we didn't get another.

    He is the bread eater, since I have to have G/F bread. Guess it didn't seem something, he wanted to continue to do.... Enough, to get another one. -smile-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one too. This is still easy and better!

      Delete
  4. What a great way to save a few dollars. I might need to get some and bake theses for french toast.

    ReplyDelete