Followers

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Feelin' Fall

No apples here yet, but soon...... a run to the orchard with a friend and the purchase of the rest of my yearly supply of cider is well anticipated. The things I like best at this time of year have to be the colors and the beautiful decorations I see all around here. I keep it simple. The pumpkin is a ceramic that was delivered to my mother when she was living at the skilled nursing facility. It was filled with freshly cut multicolored autumn flowers. The funny part is that you cannot see what she did to that pumpkin! She took a marker and drew a scary pumpkin face on the back side. That was way back around 2000 and is the main reason I have kept this treasure!

Soon after I made this arrangement, my daughter arrived with a wonderful bouquet of flowers from her garden.
By the way, heat's on! The Regency propane gas fireplace insert heater is the only source for heat and it has been going strong since 11-01-1997! It was purchased for only $2,346.42 including installation. It is serviced every year and I think that's why it still functions so well.
Tap image to view larger

6 comments:

  1. Yes, everything does look amazing. It's hard to imagine that we will all soon be needing a bit of heat. I love the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delightful setting 🎃❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Autumn decorations at your house. And the fire is the best one of all. -smile-

    And the fireplace heater is the sole source of heat.... What are the dimensions of your home, if you don't mind saying? Open plan, to have the heat distribute, I imagine.

    🍁🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice images and Fall arrangements! Its my favoriate time of year!

    ReplyDelete