Followers

Sunday, October 3, 2021

In the Kitchen

I had about 3 lbs. russet potatoes that needed to be used. They were sitting on the front porch in a plastic basket and I noticed some sprouts starting to form. I decided to make up potato soup from scratch without a recipe. Here's what I did. Yesterday I washed and then boiled them whole. After they cooled down I put them in the refrigerator overnight. This morning I peeled and diced them all. In a pot, I melted some butter, extra sharp white cheese (pre-grated about a month ago), and added pepper, onion powder, a touch of garlic powder, celery salt, dried parsley flakes, a shake or two of paprika and a little water. After that all melted and blended,  I used two cups of whole milk that I had mixed in a shaker with a few tablespoons of flour. As that was all simmering on low, I then added the potatoes. Made my lunch! Surprised myself at how good it is! Will freeze the other containers for another bleak day!

I can share if you will tap on image. 


4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!!!!!

    🎃 😊 🍁 😊 🎃

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites!! (Of course, I like soups of all kinds).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looked great! My grandpa use to make potato soup! It sure looks real nice in that handmade bowl!

    ReplyDelete