Followers

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Along the Road....

I just thought I'd take short ride to see if I could find something extraordinary. Well no, I didn't, but here are the results anyway. The first color that caught my attention was some Joe-Pye Weed at the edge of the woods. We have a beautiful and large growth of it at the beachfront here, but these were pretty.
The bind weed is seen wrapping around all of the thimble berry bushes. These bushes are now bearing fruit but the Japanese beetles and the birds get them before I can - at least within my reach! There are many wild blackberries along these roads, but this year they are very small and not quite ripe. I saw some elderberries coming on as well.
The local farmer has planted sunflowers between the corn rows. There seems to be many as far as I could see, but they were looking for the sun (of course they were) when I passed by. The field corn is almost 8 feet tall! REALLY!
One seed with a wild streak got away and grew in a very different place on the edge of a lower road. The awful thunderstorm and gulley washer two days ago beat and battered it, but it stayed strong. Shaggy is pretty too!
please click on image to view larger

Good read link here:

3 comments:

  1. Those sunflowers are just beautiful. I love seeing fields of them turning their faces toward the sun. Hope you are doing well. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunflower does look like a shaggy dog 🥰

    ReplyDelete