Followers

Thursday, July 16, 2020

The Lake Activity Continues

Yesterday our daughter came to visit and take a relaxing soak in the lake for a couple of hours. She has been known to swim with the large snapping turtle at her side and she is also very good at fishing ever since she was a little girl. Her love of nature and natural things is very dominant. After her swim, she spotted a tiny toad in the grass just before going home and brought it indoors for us to see. Of course I grabbed my camera and captured it before it was released.
I posted the lake photo on my Facebook page and was delighted that one of our former residents and very special younger friend, who now lives in HI, wrote that this photo inspired good memories to come forward. This is what she wrote:
    "Oh, how many hours I spent in that very spot! Taking turns jumping off the diving board. Feet getting tangled in seaweed. Not wanting to put my feet down on the slimy rocks below, while hearing your father’s pleading warning not to knock over the rocks on the edge. Opening my eyes under water only to see brown and gold shadows. Mustering up the courage to swim under the float for the first time. Avoiding the duck poop while walking on said float, while at the same time swatting horse flies off of the heads of others. I can still smell the water and feel the silkiness of my hair as it dried. And I can picture you and all of the other Moms in your chairs on the lawn, patiently responding to our calls of, “Mom, look! Watch this! Mom!” And your mother calling for Gemma to “Come! Jemma, come!” Many fond memories!"
Her memories brought tears to my eyes! I'm so glad the photo triggered them. (Gemma was the big black lab who always wanted to swim and dive with the children, but she annoyed them because she often scratched their backs as she swam right over them!)
Now I think I should dig out some old snaps and scan and print them for more memory- making fun.
please click on image to view larger

5 comments:

  1. I remember that dock and all of the good times when Lake Chrisann was a simpler place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - for sure!! I hate change sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful area...and find memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful area...and find memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful area...and find memories.

    ReplyDelete