Followers

Monday, July 13, 2020

Juiced

How many of you still make orange juice at home with real oranges? Not too many, I suspect. Our daughter brought over seven oranges that she said were too sour for her, knowing I had an old juicer. Yes I do!  I bought it on January 26, 1996 at Wal*Mart and it cost $14.96. How do I know this? Of course I kept the sales slip with the manual in the box. Once in a while I pull it out of its hiding place and use this juicer. Of course I also have an old glass juice reamer, but I use that mostly for fresh lemon juice.
Everyone washes fresh fruit, right? Well I do, anyway - always. After slicing, I use the electric appliance and within a few minutes I have fresh orange juice. These made just over a pint. It is just fine in taste and texture.
I remember my mother always juiced oranges on her Sunbeam Mixmaster that had attachments.
please click on image to view larger 

4 comments:

  1. I must watch my potassium intake for my heart rhythms...it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must watch my potassium intake for my heart rhythms...it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must watch my potassium intake for my heart rhythms...it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had a grand time going back and catching up with what's been going on in your neck of the woods. The lake area is beautiful. I think I should like to cart around it for hours at a time. I especially enjoyed the haying pictures as that's what we are into right now. The cabin looks wonderful with its new roof and gutters. And, the fermentation pot has been quite busy. I am still taking notes. I hope you continue to stay safe and that the knee heals nicely and quickly. I know you will be enjoying those trips around the lake. I am a bit envious!

    ReplyDelete