Followers

Thursday, July 2, 2020

With Help....

I have started a new fermenting project - cauliflower and carrots this time without pickling spices or vinegar. Hope it turns out tasty! See recipe below. 

I had to have help in the kitchen to prepare this. In fact not just in the kitchen. On June 20 my left knee gave out as I was getting up from the table. Down I went and knew it wasn't a good thing. Both knees have been giving me trouble lately when trying to get up from any sitting position. After a doctor visit and a very awful brace which I can't get on properly, I've resorted to a wide ace bandage to keep the torn left lateral collateral ligament of my knee in place. The healing may take months! I do not take pain meds, and my old right shoulder injury and right sciatica have flared up due to having to bear my weight on the borrowed walker.

So... I'll just keep on keepin' on! No choice here. The Mister helps cut my vegtables, carries things and washes dishes. Important!
  •  Fermented Cauliflower and Carrots
1 medium head of cauliflower - wash and trim out florets
4 or 5 carrot sticks
2 cloves of garlic smashed
1 TBS sea salt
1 Qt non-chlorinated water
Dissolve sea salt in water - pour over, and weigh down to be sure all is under brine.
Ferment at least 2 weeks up to two months at room temperature. Keep out of direct sun.
Transfer to jar, with brine, lid and store in refrigerator. Alternate recipe below:

3 comments:

  1. I just hope you'll get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your knee. Hope you will get some relief Nothing stops you. So amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete