Followers

Friday, April 3, 2020

Creatin' & Bakin'

Rain sticks are usually made from dried cactus, reeds or bamboo and then filled with pebbles or beans. WHAT! Beans??? Beans are food!  To go on...It is believed that they were used by indigenous farming tribes in arid climates with the hopes of calling for rain for their crops.  NOT HERE!  I'm shaking the heck out of mine to keep the rain AWAY!  (information regarding rain sticks from internet)  It has been a long time since I made any but had two paper tubes from kitchen foil and some sticky tapes from when I made greeting cards, so.....I even went outdoors to gather some pebbles!
It took me most of the morning to bake the oatmeal-raisin-walnut cookies. Now, IF we can control ourselves, 60 cookies should last a month if we each eat one-a-day. Yeah, sure!
please click on image to view larger

1 comment:

  1. Yummy cookies (if I'd only known)...I settled for a raspberry zinger today for my sweets. When we lived in Tucson, we had a cactus rain stick...I don't know what happened to it. Either Irene got it, or we left in in AZ. when we moved to Texas.

    ReplyDelete