Followers

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Sharing.....

Remember that I wrote yesterday about the little hummingbird that sat on the trellis by the feeder? Well, at first I thought it was just resting in a dry place and being secure in having food nearby. It perched and preened ALL day into the evening and this morning was still there! I've now decided that it is guarding that feeder, as if it was only his to enjoy. I put up another feeder nearby. He chases any and all others who even dare to fly in to try to get a drink. Sooooo I removed the metal trellis so it wouldn't be as easy for him to spot and chase others away. He now flies from the feeder to the huge tree across the road to spot competitors. When I first put up a feeder there were several coming and going but then this particular one just took over. I hope the others can now get their share of sweetness. I find that this behavior is interesting. In the meantime, I created these photomanipulations.

Frazzled
Soaked
please click on image to view larger

1 comment: