Followers

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Different Music Dance

Now this isn't going to be a spectacular post about music or dance! I have been accused through the years of dancing to different tunes. That, today is one of those dances.
It's National Biscuit Day!

So....  It is Peanut Butter Crispy Cookies Day here!

Yes, my grandmother always said I was the most contrary child she ever knew and she was correct through and through.


Well I didn't follow the exact directions either! I only used 1 cup of dark brown sugar and 1 cup of white granulated sugar to turn this old recipe into a new one - CRISPY! Some I pressed as they came out of the oven and some others I didn't. This crispy version made six dozen!

RECIPE
Peanut Butter Cookies from Grandma's Recipe Collection


Sift together - 

2 C flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt


Blend well before adding flour mixture -

1 C peanut butter
2 C brown sugar
1/2 C butter (1 stick) I said BUTTER!! (Don't melt!)
2 eggs


Add -

1 tsp pure vanilla
1/2 C whole milk 

Cool dough in refrigerator for a bit, then teaspoon 12 scoops to an ungreased cookie sheet. I don't usually press them into a ball and flatten with a sugared fork, because I don't feel it is necessary, but you can if you wish!



Bake - 350° oven 9-11 minutes depending on how crunchy you like them. The less time in the oven the chewier they are!


After baking, let them rest a bit before removing from sheet to rack to cool.. 


Makes about 4-5 dozen, depending on size.

  

1 comment: