But! I changed my mind. I decided I had just enough peaches for a pie, and I thought correctly. Another trip is in order, now for more. I want to feel the dribble.
click on image to view largerPeach pie for lunch! With a dollop of vanilla bean ice cream on top.
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 5 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Wash, peel, and slice fresh peaches.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix together peaches with the combined dry ingredients.
- Turn into pastry-lined pie pan and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, cut slits in it, seal the edges.
- Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in the crust.
Oh boy, you have me drooling!! It looks so very delicious. And aren't you ambitious? You go girl. I do hope you get back and get more to eat and let it dribble down your chin. I can relate!!!ReplyDelete
Oh man you're killing me! See! I'm drooling!ReplyDelete
YUM! Two weeks ago I was lucky enough to pass by a truck selling peaches on the side of the road. It's been years since I've had a delicious, sweet peach. It is hands down my favorite fruit. Those roadside peaches were amazing! I went back down that road last week and he wasn't there. It's impossible to find ripe ones in the stores.ReplyDelete
Your peach pie recipe looks awesome. Gee, I wish you lived nearby cause I'd ask you to save me a slice. :)
I'm saving that recipe. It looks delicious!ReplyDelete