Followers

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Mixed Bag

Nasty darn day here. There even was a thunder and lightning storm early this morning and hard rain. Now it is just a light rain and 42° but still dreary. The roof didn't leak. That is a relief.

The destruction of the tornadoes in Mayfield KY is unbelievable. Shocking!  Mother Nature is VERY angry. The Blue Origin blast into space at least was successful this morning, and that is good news. Both events are scary and incredible to me! Awful and amazing. What is the world coming to? I'm glad to be old. 

Brother is getting good care and there is hope for his recovery. We have to take life's struggles just one day at a time, one baby step at a time, and maybe, just maybe we'll be able to breathe freely again. 

I'm reading an interesting book. Title: Folly. Author: Laurie R. King. First published: March 2001. Yard sale $2.00. It has me in its grips.

Got my Christmas cards in the mail. Cut back on number. I still like to send some.

Feeling lazy. Taking the day off. Bored. Kick me!

(all images from internet)

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I just don't see you getting bored. A good,riveting book helps.

    Ya, I've been reading online news about storms - andI too am happy to know my time on earth is shorter by the day. It's a blessing, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wouldn’t believe the word bored is in your vocabulary. I have also felt unsettled today because of the tornado destruction.

    ReplyDelete