Followers

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Ouch!

The Mister fell again last night as he was getting ready to sit in his chair. He tripped on the back wheel of the walker and fell forward. His left rib cage struck the arm of the maple chair. The chair didn’t move. Our lawn fellow was here checking James in preparation for repairs and heard the thunk and cry of pain. He came dashing in and helped him get up. Well he wouldn’t let us call 911 or the hospital for an X-ray and doctor visit. Ate his dinner and went to bed as usual. I had a difficult time sleeping, thinking of all kinds of scenarios. Today he is toughing it out. I think he must have cracked or at least suffered a bad internal bruise on the rib but nothing shows on the outside such as a bruise or laceration. He can take deep breaths but has trouble reaching with that left arm. We shall see……. ice, Tylenol, rest.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh No! Very Sorry to hear!! I get scared everytime I read these posts Gere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh No! Very Sorry to hear!! I get scared everytime I read these posts Gere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope Ed is ok. Bad fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He should still get it checked out! But, I know, I know how stubborn & strong-willed the menfolk can be.

    ReplyDelete