Followers

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Another Quick and Easy Project

Early this morning I found a container, got my kitchen scissors, grabbed my cane and went to reap some of those beautiful chive blossoms. I figured out how to mash the blossoms because I've lost my pestle. I scrubbed the handle of a 13 inch screwdriver!  A three cup plastic container of the blossoms mashed down to about 1/2 cup in the container. After transferring them into a pint glass jar, I poured 1 1/2 cups of white vinegar over them and put on the lid. It will take two weeks in a dark place for the infusion to be complete and then I'll strain it and re-bottle my chive blossom vinegar.  I borrowed three canning jars from a neighbor for my various projects. As I don't can anymore I had given them all away. I have many nice plastic containers that I use to freeze applesauce and soups, etc., but vinegar infusions need to go in glass containers. 
They make a nice bouquet for the counter too!
  Please click on image to view larger  

2 comments:

  1. Well you figured out a good way to replace your pestle. :) Good for you. That does make a cute bouquet. Blessings, stay safe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete