Followers

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Photomanips

First of all I will tell you that I don't have any computer programs such as Photoshop. I use what I can find for FREE on the internet and don't ever pay for more options or upgrades from those sites. I have an iMac computer and the application that came with it already installed was Preview version 4.2. This does many adjustments for me. I have been experimenting with my photos over the last few years and derive a good bit of enjoyment making, what I call, "Creations."

Today I took three shots at 7:30 am when the foggy mist was still over the lake. A single hummingbird was feeding and it looked tempting to try to capture it at this with the foggy background.  Well, with every picture I took I was sure I had a nice one. After uploading to the computer, imagine my dismay when not even one contained that tricky evasive little creature. Zip! It was here and zip! gone... every time.


Later, I was going through some photos that my Photography Whiz Friend who lives in NJ had recently taken and there was my little bird. It flew to her!

I just had to do something about my empty feeder so............


One more...

Well...that's her bird on her feeder but it's is on MY background and in MY view.


And then it faded away and flew away again! ZIP!





2 comments:

  1. You did good!!! But if you want my opinion, I really REALLY like the composition of the 1st image...the foggy background and all...it's very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! I've fiddled with stuff like that but not quite this nice. I like your original photo very much.

    ReplyDelete