Followers

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Back to Rain!

I think maybe I LIVE IN A JUNGLE! The air is so heavy with moisture and the soils are so wet that hayfields will grow too high and it will be difficult to bring it in this year. My potted plants are too wet. We don't need all of this rain that is forecast for the next week or so. WOW. Neighbors are having difficulty keeping the lawns mowed and the weeds pulled. 

As I took a quick ride around the lake yesterday, I noticed wild yellow pond iris in the area by the lily pads and cattails. I think the wild iris is considered invasive. I never saw them before. 
Again, more Phlox is blooming along the road's edge and the willow tree loves the wet conditions.
I caught this critter when parking my golf car. Something has been snatching the cheese and the peanut butter from the baited mouse traps and leaving them sprung and empty. Maybe this is the culprit!
please click on image to view larger

1 comment:

  1. Love the 'culprit'...sweet! And the willow tree is beautiful. Never saw wild iris before.

    ReplyDelete