Followers

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thelma's Recipe

About forty six years ago we lived in a large ranch house on the "other side" of the lake. Our property bordered a great neighbor's who was a down-to earth lady. She and her husband grew a large garden and she was a good cook and baker. I was very fortunate to be the recipient of many of her wonderful baked goods and tasty meal samples, along with fresh garden vegetables. It was all about sharing. We traded recipes often and I have several of hers that are in regular use here. Unfortunately she developed an incurable illness and left earth in 1987 but her memory has remained with me and always will.

Today I baked her banana bread. Try it and you will love it as we still do. It is a "no-fail" recipe and the only thing I did differently was to use a little vinegar in milk to replace the buttermilk it calls for.  I also added some dried craisins - only a few.
please click on image to be motivated to bake banana bread!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, you've inspired me! But I'll wait a couple more days...we have an apple pie to finish off first.

    ReplyDelete