Followers

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Finally!

It's HERE!!!! I'm finally taking a deep breath of spring! Only YESTERDAY did my daffodils open their faces when I was at the laundromat washing and drying the couch quilt, the chair cover, the recliner pad and the snuggle robe.
So what did I do today? Back to the laundromat with the pure wool blanket from my bed and the quilt with a wool blanket used as the lining. I made the quilt in 1993. I know this because I marked the corner with the date and washing and drying instructions. I had cut the quilt squares from bolts of fabric that belonged to my daughter's Grandmother-In-Law after she died. Good pure cotton and fairly heavy. The inner wool lining was one of the Mister's mothers' wool blankets. I then tied it all together. I used the "Big Boy" washer on cold setting and then the Mister helped me hang them out on the line. What a feeling of satisfaction this gave me.
Then I helped uncover the air conditioner, rearranged the resin critters, cut a few daffodils for inside pleasure and sat a while to enjoy the day while the Mister cleaned the grill.
Please click on image to view Spring
The Mister's comforter and mattress cover plus our pillows will be washed and dried in a day or so and then I WILL BE FINISHED with heavy spring cleaning for this year. The porch swing still has to be uncovered and the chairs scrubbed down — Come on SUMMER! The golf car is chewing on its bit to go for a run. Maybe later today!
 

1 comment:

  1. If you DO go for a spin on the golf cart...enjoy! LOVE the cut daffodils in the window. Wish I could hang bedding outdoors...nothing like the fresh fragrance. But, there's a rule against clothes lines in our subdivision.

    ReplyDelete