Followers

Monday, May 21, 2018

Ride Along With Me

Today the sun was out and the sky clear. Another rideabout the countryside called me. Of course I do stay quite close to home, hoping to never have a breakdown! On my way to a location where another lake is, I saw many things that caught my eye. First was the dormant corn fields with an overgrowth of Wintercress, aka Yellow Rockets. They led the way to a farm and barn that no longer is a working place.
I passed a cluster of wild chives, ajuga and a lovely large tree just filling out with healthy-looking leaves.
As I passed the barn I noticed how its sturdy structure was still pleasing to view.
I spotted a beautiful bird flying over one of the neighboring lake homes.
Then saw one of the largest stumps I have ever viewed in a front yard! That must have been some tree! 
Pretty pink bush stands out.
Now I have seen this stone wall before but today had my camera with me. I know this is slag glass because I have a chunk at home but no one was around so I can't tell you where or how they obtained theirs. I just find them very interesting! There are three and one is broken.
This looks to be a restful place by the edge of the lake where violets grow...
And more Ajuga growing in a circle on my way home.
To view image larger, click on one!
What a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment