Followers

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Age Forty Six

I have a friend who lives in SC and she has the greenest thumb of anyone I've ever known except my mother. THE GREENEST! She makes happy lives for plants that others give her. If you might remember back, she grew my pineapple plant to maturity and then started one of her own.  Well here's the background for her recent pictures.

About 10 years ago in New York, an elderly neighbor had to move to a nursing home and had an Orchid Cactus that needed a new happy place in which to live and thrive. (My friend's son used to move it in and out of the woman's greenhouse during season changes.) The woman wanted my friend to have it and it has lived in South Carolina, growing and flowering very well.  What a rescue! The woman said she had it for thirty six years when it moved to its new plant adoption home. The proof is in the photos taken by D. S.
please click on image to view this red beauty larger

5 comments:

  1. Well they certainly are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen a Christmas cactus so huge ! Gorgeous !!!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am speechless! And a whole lotta jealous (would love to have a slip off the mother pkant!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am speechless! And a whole lotta jealous (would love to have a slip off the mother pkant!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had an offer from my friend to send you some. Please check an e-mail message from me that I just sent to you today.

      Delete