Followers

Thursday, September 7, 2017

I Baked it Again


IF you haven't been tempted before this may be your last chance to make this wonderful treat before the apples come in to make you busy like I plan to be. The Flamin' Fury peaches were juicier than the Lorings and the pan I used this time was an 11 x 14 inch baking pan, lined with foil so my cleanup won't take much effort.

Peach Cobbler
INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup unsalted butter (I used salted butter)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder Pinch of salt 
1 cup milk
4 cups fresh peach slices (The second cobbler consisted of three very large peaches and I didn't measure.)
1 tablespoon lemon juice (real hand-squeezed lemon)
Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional) (I sprinkled both on top) I incorporated it into the batter the second time I made it. 

PREPARATION

Melt butter in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. 
Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Pour batter over butter (do not stir). 
Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. 
Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool. 
please click on image to view larger

1 comment:

  1. Now this one I won't try. Both Bud and I do not like cooked peaches. Either fresh or frozen for us.

    I am tho, gonna pass this recipe on to my sister in law ...she will love it.

    ReplyDelete