|Just out of the oven|
|Cooling out of the pan|
|Sliced to have some before packaging the rest|
Click on image to view larger
And here is the recipe as promised:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix together next 5 ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with the peaches, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in orange juice concentrate and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. (I baked it for 75 minutes)
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from loaf pan and cool completely.
For a pretty finish, overlap some peaches on top of the batter before baking and sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar.