Followers

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

In Loving Memory - 80 Years Ago....

Love and work are the cornerstones of our humanness. ~Sigmund Freud

It was August 12, 1934. Gerald and Pauline first met there and were married in the United Methodist Tranquility Church, Tranquility, NJ. Their honeymoon trip included a stay at the Montrose Inn, Montrose PA, the town where I now live.

Old Photos



The year 1938
I learned country ways at age 2.....

Along came a son and twin daughters...
The year 1944

The year 1984
50th anniversary...


The year 1994
Picnic at their Cabin in PA

The year 1999 - 65th Anniversary
At their home in NJ

A happy home is one in which each spouse grants the possibility that the other may be right, though neither believes it.  ~Don Fraser





6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful achievement that was!!! My great grandparents were married that long, I think....he was 90 and she was 84 when they died....a couple of months apart from each other...she died first, then he followed of a broken heart. My grandparents died within two weeks of each other. I think I'll post some pictures of them, though they are not as good as yours because I took pictures of pictures. They belonged to my aunt. So glad I have those pictures, as I'm sure you are as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that was an amazing post to read and view the wonderful photos.

    My parents were married for 55 years before my mom passed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That church surrounded by the autumn leaves is so pretty! What a treasure your parents are. You have a beautiful family. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came over from your latest post (4-20-15). This is a wonderful post. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete