Followers

Sunday, June 12, 2022

Colors Galore

Results of my rideabout yesterday. First I found some wild spearmint and nipped off a couple of short stems. I plan to go back and cut longer pieces to propagate in water.

Then I found a wildflower growing in front of an old barn and cut a flower to bring home to ascertain that my identification is correct. Yes, it is a purple columbine and a very healthy one at that! Many blossoms were open with more to go.
Every year my neighbor's bright poppies grow in an untended bed that is around his mailbox. I have taken better pictures in past years but just couldn't resist the urge to snap a couple more.
Another neighbor has magnificent yellow iris and those too, were begging for me to capture them.
The marigold bed was overflowing so I tried to get closeup shots of a few. Well they are not as sharp as I hoped for but still pretty and colorful!
That was yesterday and I plan to hit the dirt road before the rains come. Wonder what will grab my eye this time? Stay tuned.
Be sure to tap on image to view larger!

No comments:

Post a Comment