Followers

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Back Road Travels...

   ...In my buggy! I got 'lost' yesterday and stayed out over two hours. Knew I should return as I was hungry!  (I wasn't lost at all actually and hated to stop the day's exploration.) The interesting sights and the beautiful surroundings had me captured. Hear the quiet. That is a good thing with a battery-operated buggy! First image is of the resident Canada geese. There are three goslings but two were in the water below the bank.

This young'un seems lost. Why is he sniffing gravel?
Ride on! The Mullein should send up its stalk of yellow flowers soon. I'll try to capture it when it happens.
Yes, peonies of all colors are in full bloom in many yards.
Just around the corner at the "bass end" of the lake fungus grows from a rotting stump.
Many fields in the area are cut and drying, ready to be tedded, then baled. 
Wild pink Mallow are popping up along the road's edges.
Many banks are covered with Foxglove.
Further on I found a multitude of red clover and Birdsfoot Trefoil.
I couldn't resist the climbing Clematis.
Mountain Laurel throughout the woodland is flourishing.
Hang on tight! This is rock country, evident by old stone fences throughout the area. I wonder how old they are. I felt a connection to these and my soul was filled with awe and respect.
WHAT IS THAT?????
Take a minute to view larger!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you bring water with you. And now, bring a sandwich too!!!!! For when you just don't want to stop and go home!!!

    Gorgeous all....

    I "en-biggend" it and still don;t know what the last is. First though was where a well's water came out of. Like you might see in Europe... but no water.

    💗💓💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is just a natural separation of the stones??? (I never drink water!)

      Delete
  2. I am in awe of those old stone fences too. And, of the foxgloves that grow in the wild. Next time take a picnic lunch. :~)

    ReplyDelete