Followers

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Try It!

My daughter brought me a sealed plastic baggie of freshly picked and washed Swiss chard from her garden.  This is her 2nd gift as I told her how much I loved the first bagful. Have you ever had Swiss chard? It is a lot like spinach and full of vitamins, especially iron. The stalks are a variety of colors and I pull off the leafy parts from the large ones.

This time I made a soup! I boiled the leaves for a few minutes and then strained them.  I used one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of whole milk in the stove top pot. I brought it to a slow simmer and added a pat of butter, some salt and pepper, paprika, onion powder and celery salt to the mixture. I then added the drained Swiss chard along with two chunks of sharp cheddar cheese and brought it up again to a slow simmer stirring until the cheese was melted. No recipe - just my own conglomeration. 

Let me tell you it was a fantastic soup and a very successful, tasty meal. I shall make this again for sure! I wish I could share it.

please tap image to view larger
For more info., this is an informative site:

3 comments:

  1. I don't think there is any soup I don't like. This looks so scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soo good!! You have been busy with cooking it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to grow Swiss Chard when I had a big garden. That soup sounds wonderful. After I strained the Swiss Chard I mixed it with a little oil and fresh garlic and salt.

    ReplyDelete