Followers

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Bowl Me Over!

It all started when My friend The Potter posted a photo of him holding the first large bowl he completed while in college. (Marywood University is a higher education institution in Scranton, PA. Study academic programs in biotechnology, architecture, communications, art and more.)

Here is the photo and the text that got my interest: July 6, 2021...Dad was cleaning and found an old time box of pots from 20 years ago and in it was one of the very first large centerpiece bowls I was able to get through the gas kiln at Marywood University in 2001. The rim roll was not completely closed but it appears done was better than perfect at the time. Mum has all my early things. She shows them to visitors when they stop by. A bit embarrassing. 

My thought was, "Gee I would really like to have that bowl!" The next thing was that he had another post: 

Description

This Large Centerpiece Bowl was handmade by my own hand and fired to 2300f in the gas kiln.

The bowl measures 12 in. wide by 5.5 inches high.

All proceeds from this sale will go to a fund to benefit Bill Payne and family to help with medical bills.

Aug 28, 2021

I have a large centerpiece bowl and a platter I am putting up for sale to help raise money for Bill Payne and Family for medical bills.  If you wish to purchase, click the link.

                         SOLD! Thanks so much!


Didn't I jump right in! The proceeds of the sale will go to the fund raised to help the family in need, and Al and I benefit, knowing we have contributed. 


Al brought it over to me today. Just touching this 20 year old gem makes me feel good, but best of all is the history of when it was made, who made it, and how it will help others.


He enclosed a nice card for me and I will treasure both the bowl and the card and most of all - the friendship of this special man.

I'm already thinking of cold salads, cake batter, fresh whole fruit, and so much more....

Don't forget to tap on image to view larger




3 comments:

  1. Nice! hope you enjoy it! The images you took of it look great there in the table! Your cabin looks like a real country kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Gert! Perfect for your country kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure...a true work of art!!

    ReplyDelete