Followers

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Words and Pictures of Today

When I go to bed at night, and before actually going to sleep, my mind works very hard and I just cannot stop it. The wondrous thing is that ideas for a blog come and the actual writing of each thought is imagined and very clear. There are sentences and words in full descriptive forms. Does this make sense to you? Well anyway, to give you an idea of what I'm trying to convey here is that the thoughts and words that come as I drift off to La La Land, never ever come back as good as they are when they are expressed to me at that time. I never remember those words the next morning. They came and then disappeared. I simply cannot pull them up again and use them at all. 

Now for daytime thoughts and words - nothing very exciting, but here I go....

First of all I'm OK. Getting used to being alone and not lonely. It certainly is different, and thought-inspiring at the same time. A lot of the paperwork is done, the private memorial service is in two days, and my lifestyle is undergoing some change. 

For the first time I picked up the camera as the ferns around the flowerbeds in front of the porch gave me inspiration as did the tiger lilies that a neighbor planted by the dam spillway several years ago.

Hopefully my eyesight will remain good, even though my ambulatory skills are diminishing rapidly. I was always told that change is challenge. Yes it is!

please click on image to view larger

6 comments:

  1. Very nice phots Gere! Hey maybe keep a journal by your bed to catpure things down. Good to know your doing ok so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures & I absolutely understand what you are saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can be a poet as I drift off to sleep...next morning, I can't remember a word of it!

    It's good to see you again at Connections More. Loneliness must be heartbreaking at times. Just keep busy & work that shutter button for more prettiness like these today. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, the best ideas always come in the night. When I was teaching I kept a notebook by my bed so I could jot down those ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts are with you and glad to see your blogs again in this very difficult time.

    ReplyDelete