Followers

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Learning Curve Yesterday!

GOT MY GUMPTION UP THIS AM!  Figured out how to clean the AC filter & the dehumidifier filter! Yay! Then got brave and lifted the seat on the golf car and plugged in the one line to a HD extension cord that I had plugged into the socket on the carport pillar. Then I propped up the seat with the board that is stored in the back basket and found the cord with the plug that goes into the panel under the seat bench where driver's legs would be when sitting.  A green light came on near that socket and I knew it was charging. The charger is carried under the seat when it is down - not at all like the set up we had at the beach, but I had watched the Mister do it several times and now I think I can again!  This charger is very different from the beach ones! I haven't been for a ride yet, but plan to soon. I also had to dig out my bottle of CLR mold and mildew stuff to remove all of the mold that was starting to permeate the backrest. There was a lot! I had to use my vegetable brush and almost a whole roll of paper towel. Satisfying morning. Pooped me out! 
Tomorrow I plan to attack the vacuum cleaner. I do not like the new one he bought because he thought it would be lighter and easier to maneuver. I will use the old clunker Oreck. It needs an overhaul. The new one is a PIA to clean the stupid tube. I know how to change the Oreck bags. Some day I'll enlist a friend to take it to the store in Vestal for an overhaul because it IS hard to push now. Probably just stuff stuck around the ends of the brush thingy. Not gonna try it!

Missy came today and did some fishing and swimming. No rain!  I sent her home with some suspenders as she was saying that her husband needs them. Just starting to clean out a few items like that.

Two neighbors with golf cars (gasoline) stopped by when I was out on the porch and we all had a small chat session. Things are starting to normalize if there is such a thing! 

There was a beautiful and very large lonely doe browsing my beachfront last evening. I grabbed the camera, and was about to get a great shot when the low battery light came on and it shut off! She moved on and gobbled up my neighbor's Hosta flowers! Then she sauntered up into the woods.  Lost that opportunity! I'll have to keep my eyes out for her again around dusk.

2 comments:

  1. A shame about the camera battery.
    You're moving on...I like that. So many who lose a spouse goes into a funk mourning period a loses so much of their lives...move on my friend. I look forward to your drive around the land soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you! You will be out and about enjoying the lake in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete