Followers

Monday, July 19, 2021

Darn Humidity!


The old log cabin is like a sponge! It absorbs the moisture in the air especially in the summertime. The toilet is flushed only if 'necessary' as the exposed pipes and tank sweat terribly. I run the A/C on low to help keep the front rooms drier than they would be if I didn't. The two bedroom doors and the bathroom door are kept shut even though the ceilings are open to the rafters. The tile on the floors is glued down over the concrete slab. The floor is ALWAYS cold. Now cold and damp.

Years ago there was a VERY old dehumidifier in the bathroom that had a pipe draining into the ditch behind the cabin. The ditch was usually very wet and soggy so when the old appliance died, I bought a new one and plugged the hole in the log and just take the container out every morning and dump it into the toilet. That container is heavy! It doesn't tell in the manual how much it holds, but I'll bet at least two gallons! Now the container, which slides in and out like a drawer is giving me grief. It comes out OK but doesn't want to go back in with ease. Wiggle, jiggle, jam, kick, finally in! Next year I hope to have a new dehumidifier. P.S. My electric bill will jump up really high due to both of these darn damp retarders! Oh well.


I have the manual and sales slip too! Purchased July 8, 2008 at Walmart. Used 13 years. Price $176.44 + tax. I'm leery of checking prices for today! 


I'm not complaining and have NO desire to live anywhere else. I'm surrounded with memories and love.









1 comment:

  1. The sentimental value & gorgeous setting...both the cabin & lake, I'd stay too!!

    ReplyDelete