Followers

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Two-Part Day!

The first wonderful happening was early morning when the potter himself, hand delivered my fermentation crock to our porch. Oh my goodness! It is spectacular!  We observed distancing but I sure would have liked to give him a big hug for his awesome work and care. I'll give 2 links at the bottom of this post so you can see others that he creates and sells. The first three photos are his, that I first saw on his webpage when I claimed this pot as my own. You know - a "from me to me" gift. I have been wanting to try fermenting some batches of vegetables and the small size is perfect.
The next photos are mine right after opening the box. His were taken in the natural sun; mine were taken inside the shady porch but you can tell a "little bit" how the seaweed colors are special.
The rest of my morning was my first ride around the lake as we had uncovered the golf car yesterday. Oh! and I finally dressed James in his spring garland of Forsythia. More photos of my ride will be posted tomorrow.
please click on image to view larger



3 comments:

  1. My folks made homemade sauerkraut in a similar pot. It's gonna be a trip back in time to see what you do with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s interesting and James is looking pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great looking pot, with or without fermentation purposes. However, I am looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Poor James. I will be glad when he can take off the mask. I will be back tomorrow for the trip around the lake!

    ReplyDelete