Followers

Friday, May 15, 2020

Crazy Weather

My little flowering plants are anxious to be outdoors, BUT...no can do. Tonight there is expected to be severe wind and rains. The temperature reached 76° today. Tomorrow there will be more rain and Sunday might be a good day to transfer them if the forecasts are wrong. More rain. The tuberous begonia that I started with a September leaf from the mother plant is now showing more buds, but is also growing too tall!
My window washer guy got 5 storm windows done on the outside. There are 13 here and he also has to do the inside (both sides) and the storm (inside) so his work is cut out for him.
Meanwhile back in the kitchen the baker has produced a nice loaf of white bread. It lays on its side to cool so the top doesn't get squished! I have a plastic thingy that has slots so when I slice it each slice will be even and straight. How about that! I have had it for many many years. (French Toast for supper!)
please click on image to view larger

1 comment:

  1. Such a perfect-shaped loaf! And I can imagine the wonderful fragrance indoors as it baked.

    Wish I could wash windows on the outside. We'd have to take down hurricane shutters all over the house. Let's see...how many windows here? 15 and a huge patio double door. (All shuttered)

    ReplyDelete