Followers

Monday, May 25, 2020

Memorial Day

Most of us have someone to remember who was in the service. My father's brother, and all four of his sons were. As a child, I was was always in awe of "Uncle Henry." His demeanor, his kind eyes and his entire self, commanded awe and respect automatically. I think he would have loved to have a daughter but he had several nieces besides me and we all were proud of him - always. He was very jovial to us, giving big hugs.

His time in the service consisted of both WWI and WW2. He had two purple hearts. From a news article: "A veteran of both world wars, Mr. Nulton was a Major General and Commander of the 78th Division, Army Reserves, when he retired from service in 1960."
please click on image to view larger
At his funeral I remember there was a 21 gun salute and planes flew over. 

1 comment: