Followers

Monday, November 26, 2018

Pie!

This morning I baked while the rains poured down outdoors. My apple pie was made from Cortland apples that I sliced and dried in October 2017. It really is DELICIOUS! I didn't dry any this year and will do so next autumn. I only have 3 bags left in the freezer. Yes, I dry, bag, freeze. The Macouns are all gone. See how they were dried and frozen last year.
I already had frozen the juice from six large lemons so I can save time and trouble. I thought it was a smart move. The tiny Glad cups are good for the storage.

I was prepared for the pie to run over its edge and that is why I put it on a foil-covered tray. Well, it didn't. The next time I'll use less flour for thickening. As you can see I used a foil pie dish. It was one I had saved after quiche was baked in it. Less cleanup!
We each had a slice at 10:30am and I'll tell you....it was like eating candy it was so scrumptious!
please click on image to view larger

2 comments: