Followers

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Zucchini Supreme

Sometimes I see posts from people that just like the pretty pictures of the foods, but they never actually make the items shown.  Well I only show what I really make or bake. Today I got out the old old Bluffton cabbage slicer and sliced up the beautiful young zucchini that my neighbor brought to me. The recipe is simple but as I age, it seemed to take a while to put together.  The old slicer is a great helper for me but I sure do have to watch my fingers. Sliced a piece of my thumb once a long time ago and learned the lesson.

I took a few pictures as I made this and then we had a taste! REALLY GOOD!


please click on image to view larger
~Recipe~


4 C Water
6 C Sliced zucchini
1 C Shredded carrot
1/4 C Chopped onion
1 tsp. Salt
1 can (103/4 oz.) Cream of mushroom soup
1 C Sour cream
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Pepper
4 C Seasoned stuffing croutons
1/2 C Butter, melted

Bring water to boil. Add zucchini, carrots, onion and salt. Cook 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender - then drain. *

Combine croutons and butter.

Place HALF of the crouton mixture in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.

In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, garlic powder
and pepper.  Fold in the vegetable mix.

Put this mixture in the baking dish.
Top it with the remaining crouton mixture.

Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown.

* Note - sauteed sausage may be added to this. YUM!

To see more about this kitchen tool, the slicer, please click on link of my older post.

No comments:

Post a Comment