Followers

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Oh! My! Goodness!

James is slowly disintegrating due to over 13 years of living in the elements. Bees live in him. Birds peck him. I am facing the fact that that soon he will endure his end and I want it to be in a certain manner. I have called the fellow, "Razor" who carved him for me as "The Spiritual Guardian of Cabin Tranquillity" in April of 2010. He is carved in the image of my Great Grandfather, James Marshall Folkner, but in a whimsical manner. I have left several messages to Razor for a consultation about how to handle James's last days.

Surprise! This morning Razor showed up. Unannounced. I looked out the window and saw him stepping back quickly and then realized that he was trying to avoid being stung! After several applications of bee repellent sprayed into every hole by my yard guy, they are still there! I quickly went out and invited him in to have a talk and develop a plan. Maybe, just maybe he can save the front with James' face and I can keep it indoors. The rest would be taken away. 

Razor, as he left said he had to go to the truck for a minute and he soon came back in carrying a replica that he made. The thoughtfulness and preparation for this gift overwhelmed me. It was so unexpected. It is so beautiful!  LONG LIVE JAMES!!

(October 1, 1914 was my mother's birthday. James was her maternal grandfather.)

Oh and I finished my clothespin angel picture! Her name is Pauline.
please tap image to view larger

4 comments:

  1. wow! What a nice surprise!! So beautiful! Love the clothespin angel art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise! Yes, Long Live James! You do attract some of the best people. Yay for Razor! Mary @=Hilltop Post. P. S. I love Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing gift from Razor!!!

    My new blog is here ...

    https://kolorsofthewynd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete