Followers

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Gifts

Yesterday my daughter visited, bringing flowers from her garden and a tiny Honeynut squash, some baby swiss chard, homemade chicken vegetable soup and a sweater. I really got a kick watching her pick out vessels to contain the flowers. She chose two of my favorites that are always out and ready to be used. One is the wobble top mug and the other the fantastic pinch cup, a/k/a Tuscarora Trout Beer Tumbler. My friend the potter, says it this way: " I create works that matter for people who care." Oh yes, we care.....  Now he is doing most of his work on the treadle wheel.

Size of a teaspoon!
FYI, the swiss chard is better (MOP) than spinach.  Well, after a visit, she went fishing - nothing caught this time. I shared some of my elderberry syrup, raisin walnut cookies, candy fudge, and other items. Oh! Forgot to tell you she brought me some vanilla ice cream so I can have a bowlful with my syrup! Just gotta get through the winter so can make more of that stuff next Fall. Her older brother turned 65 yesterday. I am now really feeling the aging devil.

2 comments:

  1. Great choices in choosing vessels for the beautiful flowers. You did well in choosing them in the beginning. It sounds as though the gift giving was equally wonderful from daughter to mother and vice versa. Yes, there must be more syrup next fall. And poppies too! Mary @ Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pots look so nice with the flowers! Glad you are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete