Followers

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Special Delivery

NO! I  DID NOT KNOW IT WAS CREATED OR COMING!!! As I was getting ready to go to an optometrist appointment, a truck pulled up and I saw the fellow come to the door. In the back of the truck was a very large, chain saw carved statue. He asked me where he should put it and we decided that it needed to face the road and be on a kinda-sorta level area. He drove the truck to the spot for unloading and his wife was here to help. The fact is that this lady was one of my 4-H club horse leaders and I have known her for about 40 years! WOW! 

Another surprise to knock me off of my heels! The series of images below tell the story. MEET JAMES 2 — Chain saw carving to replace the original, which will be removed after the bee infestion becomes dormant. Of course I had to document his arrival even though I was shaking in my efforts to capture the difficult placing of this wonderful artwork. I am honored to know the artist and happy that James will live on.

He was still here this morning with the sun shining brightly on his face and he brings me joy and a feeling of peace.
I'm not alone. I have wonderful caring and sharing friends. What more could I ask for?

(My friend who arrived to take me to the optometrist appointment met Razor and Becky. They live close to each other and she recognized the truck!) There are "connections" that come to be just about every day if you think on it. About 60 years ago I did some oil paintings  and one is quite close in appearance to Razor. I sold it but kept a photo. Here ya go!
tap on image to view larger

4 comments:

  1. After I read your previous post, I wondered if your ever-so-kind and thoughtful Razor might do this. What a great story! I also love your painting. It surely would be a great inspiration for a new clay Father Christmas sculpture. Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to create the sculpture from the painting...

      Delete
  2. I remember the painting and I am pleased that you have such nice people that deserve recognition for their kindness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extraordinary. That’s just so cool. Paul

    ReplyDelete