Followers

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Experimenting

My daughter brought me a gallon bag of frozen blueberries!  What should I do with so many, besides baking? I mentioned the berry supply to my yard guy and he said his teen agers all make smoothies with them. Well, that planted a seed in my head. I had no idea of what a smoothie could/should contain but I thought I would try to make one this morning without researching what they are all about. (I'm behind the times, I guess.)

The blender sits on the counter and is hardly ever used. I do remember making daiquiri style and Margarita drinks in it and chopping cabbage in the past! For cabbage I had to do separate chunks in water and then strain. It was a messy task back then, but it did the job well. I found an exact picture of this vintage 70's Hamilton Beach 7 speed blender beverage mixer on the internet.

I scooped a cup of berries into my old but very functional blender, then added a cup of applesauce and a dash of water to the container and set it off! WOW! SOOOO GOOOOOD! Going to do it again in a few days, to see if my system tells me it's OK to have this once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you made a good experiment. I have a blender just like yours but I haven’t used it for awhile.

    ReplyDelete