Followers

Friday, October 27, 2023

All Things Bright and Beautiful

There are so many wonderful posts on the internet today of the autumn colors. The first are from Steve Goble and then I made a small collage with them. TRUE COLORS!

I was encouraged to take a buggy ride as the temperature was up to 70°. The last time I ventured out my fingertips turned yellow with the coldness! Well I did find color. It was the same everywhere. I was warm.
As I rode the dirt roads, leaves got in my hair, my buggy floor and on the windshield. I stopped and got out with the cane and poked around, finding some exceptional ones and brought them home for a project. I just couldn't resist. Will show you at another time how I used them. The maple were the prettiest - so variegated - the oak were tough and in perfect shapes with slight hues and not all brown.
AT home I dared to hang my new stained glass piece on the porch hook just to see the bright and beautiful colors. I definitely won't leave it there through winter though!
It looks like a home across the lake is having expansion underway. They better hurry up before the snow comes!
tap on image to view larger

2 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful day here, but rain moved in late (which was beautiful too.) I wondered if you had already put the buggy in winter storage. The cut glass piece is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete