Followers

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Hanging In

I'm hunkered down and looking out. It is snowing - not a surprise. The weather is predicted to change to a wind and rain event and then a big drop in temperature. I lost all ambition to bake again...

BUT! Yesterday a box of four varieties of cookies and even éclairs arrived with a bright red ribbon. Somebody went to a lot of work to create these beautiful and tasty special treats. I have never made éclairs. These were made with lots of love and then placed with care in the holiday presentation box.

Thank you Santa's Jolly Helper! Gingerbread, Pfeffernusse, Spritz (decorated too!), Raisin-nut, and Éclairs all received a taste and they passed admirably. 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice surprise! Especially when you weren't in the mood to bake! I can relate to that...my plans for all these wonderful Christmas cookies are still just that. Plans. :0) Someone did a beautiful job with these, lots of love in them! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful! You have a secret Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friend or family, Santa's Jolly Helper has created a most scrumptious surprise for one very special lady. Thankfully the snow seems to be over her, leaving us with only a dusting, but we must still deal with the cold. Take care and Merry Christmas to you, "Nook."

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELP!!! your comments will not let me comment as myself..."Beside a babbling brook".... I have had to fill in info, to do so sort of as me, before....now that doesn't work...anyone else having this problem???????....wonderful gift......stay warm and cozy..........🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄

    ReplyDelete